Monday, January 30, 2012

is it really a new beginning when you do it every six months?

well, here we are once again... new year, new start, looking for a new job, and most of all, looking for a new perspective. whether that new perspective is in connection to taking care of myself,  or my husband or my life, it is past time for a change.  half in jest, i told a friend that 2012 should be the year of "outside-y"  stuff,  but the more i think about it, the more i think that is a great idea.  get up, get out, get involved... quit telling myself that i will do it tomorrow.  i think about how many blessings i have, and even though there are days when i feel like it is all i can do to get out of bed and put clothes on, i need to remember to live.  remember to laugh hard any time i can, and remember on those gray and foggy days, this too shall pass. 
probably the most important thing though, this year, will be to know ahead of time that there will times when i wuss out,  or get lazy, or fall in a hole and that it will be okay.  it doesn't make me a bad person, it doesn't make me worthless, it doesn't make me incapable of following through on anything.... it just makes me human.  i deserve the same consideration toward myself that i offer others.
so it is bittersweet to start over, yet again,  but it is hopeful too.  and i just need to keep reminding myself of that.

Labels: , ,

posted by tangeria @ 5:57 PM  

1 Comments:

  • At February 2, 2012 at 12:49 PM , Blogger Tereza {Drastic Plastic} said...

    I used to feel like this last year, I wanted to do something more. Anything that is new or at least different is better, that is what I think.

    You have a really cool blog here. Do you want to follow each other, I would love that.
    Tereza
    http://drastic-plastic-fantastic-plastic.blogspot.com/

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home